Walsh’s Pharmacy flu immunization service aims to provide you with a convenient and affordable way to protect yourself against seasonal influenza.
Do I need a Flu Vaccination?
Find out if you are at risk of the flu and should avail of a flu vaccination by contacting your local Walsh’s Pharmacist. We are again offering customers the excellent service of being able to avail of their yearly flu shot in their local Walsh’s Pharmacy. If you would like more information, or would like to make an appointment, please phone us or stop into any of our Pharmacies. Find Fee scale below:
FLU VACCINATION CRITERIA
NEED: PPSN (PRSI) number or GMS MEDICAL CARD number
*Under 18’s are not applicable to receive the Flu Vaccination in a Pharmacy
|No Charge Pharmacist Administration Fee (FREE) & Vaccine Fee (FREE):|
|Patients must be:
and hold a:
|€15.00 Pharmacist Administration Fee (€15.00) applies – Vaccine Fee (FREE):|
|Patients must be:
and DO NOT hold a:
|€25.00 Pharmacist Administration Fee (€15.00) & Vaccine Fee (€10.00) applies:|
All other patient’s over 18 years who request a vaccination
At Risk Patient’s are:
- person’s 18-64 with a chronic illness requiring regular follow up, e.g. Chronic respiratory disease including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, moderate/severe asthma, chronic heart diseases, chronic renal disease, diabetes mellitus, haemoglobinopathies, chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary & degenerative disorders of the CNS, etc.;
- those who are immunosuppressed due to disease or treatment including those with missing or non-functioning spleens;
- persons with Down syndrome;
- those with morbid obesity, i.e. BMI over 40;
- all pregnant women (vaccine can be given at any stage of pregnancy);
- healthcare workers;
- residents of nursing homes and other long-stay institutions;
- people with regular contact with pigs, poultry or water fowl
Contact your local Walsh’s Pharmacy for an appointment:
- Allow yourself 30 minutes for the full service. This includes a required stay in the pharmacy for 15 minutes after your immunization to allow for observation.
- Wear Loose-Fitting clothing especially around the arms and shoulders.
- You will be required to Complete and sign a vaccine consent form