‘Good’ bacteria or Microbiotics (or Probiotics) live in the intestinal tract. They are essential for good health and vitality at every age. However, poor diet, stressful situations, low quality food, travel tummy and ageing can all affect our levels of ‘good’ bacteria. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Microbiotics (or Probiotics) are often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.
Here are some of the ways they may keep you healthy:
- Antibiotics are given to combat infections. This helps your body get rid of the ‘bad’ bacteria. But Antibiotics don’t differentiate between good and bad bacteria, and after you take antibiotics, for example, you may lose some of your good bacteria. Probiotics can help replace them.
- They can help balance your “good” and “bad” bacteria to keep your body working like it should.
Many types of bacteria are classified as probiotics. They all have different benefits, but most come from two groups:
1) Lactobacillus: This may be the most common probiotic. It’s the one you’ll find in yogurt and other fermented foods. Different strains can help with diarrhea and may help with people who can’t digest lactose, the sugar in milk.
2) Bifidobacterium: You can also find it in some dairy products. It may help ease the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and some other conditions.
Saccharomyces boulardii is a yeast found in probiotics. It appears to help fight diarrhea and other digestive problems.
Probiotics help move food through your gut. Some common conditions they treat are:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Infectious diarrhea (caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites)
- Antibiotic-related diarrhea
There is also some research to show they help with problems in other parts of your body, such as:
- Skin conditions, like eczema
- Urinary and vaginal health
- Preventing allergies and colds
- Oral health
Here at Walsh’s Pharmacy we have 20% off Infant’s Blend and Super 8’s for the month of November 2017. Check out why we think Udos probiotics are top notch:
Udos Choice Super 8 is a high strength microbiotic blend that contains eight strains of friendly bacteria designed to keep your digestive system in balance. Each daily capsule contains 42 billion “good bacteria”, which is up to four times more than a typical Microbiotic drink. Super 8 can be used on a continuous basis or for short periods of time, such as after antibiotics to replenish the balance of “good bacteria”. Find Super 8 in the fridge of your local Health Food Store or Pharmacy where it is always live, fresh and active.
– 8 strains of healthy bacteria supporting the entire digestive system from mouth to gut:
Lactobacillus acidophilus 45%
Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111 25%
Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-114 10%
Lactobacillus plantarum 7%
Bifidobacterium bifidum 6%
Bifidobacterium longum 3%
Lactobacillus casei 3%
Lactobacillus salivarius 1%
– Gastric Guard Guarantee – bacteria is guaranteed to survive passage through stomach acid
– Suitable from 5+ years
It contains eight different bacteria strains which are found in both the small and large intestines, lacto in the small and bifido in the large. By including strains from both families Super 8 ensures that your entire digestive system is covered.
The bacteria in Super 8 Microbiotics is both highly potent and capable of surviving the stomach’s acidity – a fact that is both tested and guaranteed. It is the leading choice for digestion, post-antibiotic care and for anyone who feels they need support to rebalance gut flora.
Compared to microbiotic yoghurts, rebalancing with Super 8 Microbiotics is faster, cheaper and of course, sugar-free. To look after yourself, start by looking after that incredible ecosystem in your digestive tract.
Take 1 – 3 capsules per day after eating.
Udos Choice® Super 8 must be refrigerated to ensure maximum potency & stability and may be frozen.
Udos Infant’s Blend has 3 billion ‘good’ bacteria per gram, Infant’s Blend is the perfect support to replenish the ‘good’ bacteria in your little one’s system, especially after antibiotics, giving them a gentle helping hand. Udo’s Choice® Infant’s Blend Microbiotic is specially formulated to help combat many common early childhood issues to help little ones stay well.
Bifidobacteria, including B. infantis, B.bifidum and B. breve, should represent the largest population of beneficial bacteria in babies. They pick up these friendly bacteria from their mothers during their passage through a clean and healthy birth canal. Practice shows that B. infantis was found in approximately 60% of full-term newborns who were born vaginally and only 9% of babies born by caesarean section. Formula fed babies can also have significant differences from breastfed babies in the composition of their gut microflora because the heat used to pasteurise formula kills all bacteria.
So exactly how does Infant’s BlendMicrobiotics help? It contains six specially chosen strains of ‘good’ bacteria, including B. infantis, the most important microorganism in the large intestine of babies and toddlers. These strains are present at a volume that is both very safe and highly beneficial for their tiny, brand new digestive systems.
With Infant’s Blend Microbioitics you know you’re giving your little one a great helping hand – and staying well, as any parent knows, means more fun for everyone.
Dissolve 1⁄2 a teaspoon once a day in formula, breast milk or other liquid 1-3 times a day.
Udos Choice Infant’s Blend must be refrigerated to ensure maximum potency & stability and may be frozen.