October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to help raise valuable funds and awareness Walsh’s Pharmacy is holding a PINK DAY this Thursday, October 25th:
• All Day
• in All Walsh’s Pharmacies
• in aid of Breast Cancer Research
Every single cent donated supports this vital breast cancer research at the Lambe Institute in NUI Galway.
• In Ireland 1 in 9 Irish women are affected by breast cancer.
• There are 3,000 cases diagnosed annually which is set to increase.
• Breast cancer is more common in women over 50, however women (and men) of any age can develop breast cancer.
There are many very good nationwide fundraisers for Breast Cancer Awareness, but we would like to support our local charity not only because it is local, but because the Lambe Research Institute is so important as it funds research to help ascertain the causes and factors that influence breast cancer, and therefore help to develop effective screening, treatments and medication to combat it.
We would love to see you this thursday so, if you are in the area, please stop by for a chat, some refreshments, maybe support this very good cause (no sum is too small) and – who knows? – you might also win a spot prize! All shops are promoting PINK DAY during opening hours this Thursday October 25th. Thank you always for your support.